Care and Maintenance Guide
Sustaining the beauty and life of OT&O products is dependent on careful cleaning and maintenance.
SHEDDING | FADING | SPROUTS | WEAR | CREASES | SAFETY
- Our rugs are made from 100% Indian wool so will shed, please use handheld vacuums or the vacuum’s brushless suction head to maintain your rug.
- Please take extra care with silk (viscose) rugs due to the delicacy of the silk fibres and avoid areas with high foot traffic. Frequent traffic will diminish the look of the rug, i.e. colour fading and sprouting.
- Rugs are rolled for delivery, lay your rug flat and the creases will disappear within a couple of weeks.
- Sprouting of the wool yarns in your rug is normal. In the event the yarn sprouts appear on the surface, please use a sharp pair of scissors and clip each piece of yarn to the same level as the rest of the rug’s pile. Do not pull out the yarn; this will cause damage to the rug.
- We recommend all our customers use rug pads or grips underneath all rugs. They help prevent damage to your flooring, prevent accidents and provide comfort to your feet on hard surfaces. They also stop rugs from curling at the edges and ensure rugs stay in place and don’t slide. We appreciate pads will be difficult to purchase due to the unique shape of our rugs.
- Change the position of your rug to avoid exposure of sunlight to only one area. Rotating the rug allows the entire rug to wear equally and balance any fading that may occur.
- Ensure your rug receives air often to avoid rotting due to excessive moisture.
- Remove spills and stains immediately. Do not scrub liquid spills! Blot the stain with an absorbent clean white towel or cloth until the area is dry. A deep cleanse should be left to a professional carpet cleaner. A professional clean will bring out the colour and softness of the wool. We encourage spot cleaning of the silk (viscose) fibres to maintain the beauty of the rug.
- All cushion covers are handmade; they can only be dry cleaned due to the delicate nature of the fabrics.
- Our lace fabrics are vulnerable to snagging by animals, sharp and rough objects, please take good care to avoid damage to the cushions.
- The cushions must not be overexposed to direct sunlight as this may result in discolouration. Similarly, direct heat from radiators and electric heaters can cause fading and discolouration; please keep them away in order for the cushions to be kept in the best condition for many years. If a snap appears please tuck it in, do not pull or cut it, if in any doubt please contact us.
- Take care of spillages immediately with a dry white cloth.
- Do not allow your lace cushion to be used as a headrest or footrest. Our cushions have been made to be admired and appreciated for many years, avoiding direct sunlight, sharp objects and spillages will help prolong its life and look.